Wednesday 1 April 2015

A Group of London Squatters Called ANAL Have Moved in Next to the Queen | VICE | United States NB Squat EVICTED other day Viva the resistance

A Group of London Squatters Called ANAL Have Moved in Next to the Queen | VICE | United States

Pall Mall: home to the Queen, the Oxford and Cambridge gentleman's club, the embassy of Kazakhstan, and endless tourists transplanting themselves into these scenes of luxurious white empire with their selfie sticks. It's not the kind of place you'd expect to find a squat, but that's London, I guess—always full of surprises.
I was wandering around Pall Mall yesterday when I spotted the banner, "Anti-Capitalism," unfurled across the front of a building that on closer inspection was covered in defaced newspaper articles: cartoon penises scrawled upon the face of Nigel Farage, that kind of thing. I started taking photos of the scene when I realized a guy with dreads was staring through the window. I made some hand signals at him, and moments later he gestured for me to go around the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment